At our school we have a uniform which is simple and smart and gives the children a sense of belonging.
- White blouse or shirt (for Pre-School children only a white polo shirt).
- House colour tie; red for Windsor, yellow for Charnwood. (Pre-School children do not need to wear a tie),
- Grey skirt, pinafore dress or trousers.
- White, grey or black socks.
- Grey or black tights (not to be worn with shorts or summer dresses).
- Sensible black leather or leather look shoes with low heels (no trainers, fabric shoes, no open sandals). Plain-black flat boots may be worn when there is snow on the ground.
- Grey cardigan or jumper – knitted style (from September 2022 this will be dark grey V-neck)
- Plain, simple head bands and hair accessories in school colours or black (pupils maybe asked to remove unsuitable hair accessories).
- Coat (pupils maybe asked to go out onto the playground during all weathers).
If preferred during hot weather
- Gingham house colour dress (to be worn with socks not tights).
- Grey shorts (to be worn with socks not tights).
- Sun hat.
- Plain white t-shirt.
- Plain black shorts.
- Plain white or plain grey socks (especially for the girls when wearing tights with their uniform).
- Plimsolls for Classes 1 and 2.
- Trainers for Classes 3, 4 and 5.
- Plain grey track suit or plain black tracksuit in cold weather ( From September 2022 this will be plain black only)
- Lightweight waterproof coat (optional).
This kit should always be available and clearly named. Spare PE kit is not provided by the school.
- One piece swimming costume or trunks.
- Swimming hat for long hair.
Goggles are not permitted (unless for a specific medical reason).
- Simple watch.
- Plain, simple stud earrings and small, plain sleepers (these should be either gold
or silver, no multi colours, no gems, from September 2022 plain sleepers will not be
- Earrings must be removed for PE by the pupil themselves (pupils will not be permitted to take part in PE lessons whilst wearing earrings or watches)
- No other jewellery (unless a faith specific requirement, which should be bought to the school’s attention).
- Pupils maybe asked to remove unsuitable jewellery.
Make-Up, Nail Varnish, Body Art and Tattoos
- The wearing of make-up, nail varnish, body art or tattoos is not permitted.
- Body art/tattoos as part of faith requirements will be permitted.
- Pupils may be asked to remove make-up, nail varnish or tattoos.
- Long hair (hair past the shoulders) should be tied back (bunch(es), plaits, up in a bun etc).
- Colouring of hair is not permitted.
- Lines or symbols cut into the hair is not permitted.
- Coloured hair braiding is not permitted.
- Gel or other hair products to style hair into spikes etc is not permitted.